5. Bill Curry. After going 26-52 as Kentucky football coach, received a payment of $610,000 to go away.
4. Hal Mumme. After presiding over a UK football program that committed at least 38 NCAA violations (albeit not being personally fingered), received a $1 million severance.
3. Billy Gillispie. After proving to be, arguably, the worst major coaching hire in UK sports history in his two years as Wildcats basketball coach, got a payout of $3.25 million.
2. Rich Brooks. Having conducted himself with unusual decency as Kentucky football coach while winning enough to go to four straight bowls, gets a hearty slap on the back after retiring.
1. Big-time college sports. Isn't there something a tad out of whack with the picture illustrated in points 5 through 2?